Saturday, November 1, 2008

The LummaLoop

Everybody has their home loop.  For me, it's the lummaloop, located in Lummen, Belgium.  It's not epic but it keeps me occupied for about an hour and a half to two hours, almost all on single track.  Not scary, but scary enough to keep me from falling asleep or thinking about work.


It's super fun on the single speed, but lately I've been riding the Ridley 29er prototype, the PERFECT mtb for flanders trails, which are invariably straighter, less technical, and flatter than just about any trails you've ever done.


Luckily, I got me some curves and small little challenges on my loop, and it's kind of an ugly figure eight so I can reverse direction on some parts and keep it fresh.  Which I rarely do, home loops are not supposed to be fresh...


So in the 2 weeks I was home I did a couple laps on the lummaloop.  AND I bought me a collapsable avalanche shovel to do some trailwork.  For when I get the motivation.  Anyway pictures and such to come.

No comments: