Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The rain in Spain falls mainly in Belgium

No riding = no blogging, and since the rains melted the snow and thawed the ground, the mud has taken on epic proportions, a life of its own. At any moment I feel it could ooze out of the fields and forests and completely cover Belgium.

So, I take this opportunity to update some old posts that I missed. Like making a proper introduction with my main bike here, a Spot Single Speed. Not a new Spot out of Boulder with belt drive, this is an original Michael Golinski Spot from Vancouver. MG was one of the first to get out there with steel single speeds, and has himself raced in multiple SSWCs. He was also an early proponent of sliding disc mount on the rear. Smart.


I absolutely love this bike. So much fun to ride. It's a tad small and could probably use a complete re-build, but it's hard as a rock and has served me well. Probably better than i deserve.


The Spot chainguard - I am currently running a 32x16, good gear for flat flat belgium. My trails have some small, tiny little climbs, so this works just fine. I had a 17 on there before and that was good in the mud, or in the winter.


I love bikes in general, but then there are special ones that give you a funny feeling in your tummy. I would take a bullet for my Spot.

No comments: