Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tokul, WA


It used to be that if you lived in the Seattle area, there were really only 2 or 3 areas to ride: Tiger Mountain, Tapeworm, and maybe St. Edwards park. But over the last 5 years or so, a ton of fantastically excellent riding places have popped up. Grand Ridge, Preston, and a totally new one to me, Tokul. Despite a late night of xbox and whiskey until 4am, I managed to drag myself up to Tokul where Eric, Garret, Chip, and Matt were waiting to ride.

It had been a tough week. 5 continuous days of endless driving, big meals, and little sleep. The crash in the last week's road race gave me a dislocated rib. So I was totally pathetic going both up and down. But whatever. These were totally wicked trails.

Wallace brought me a Turner Flux to ride. Although I disapproved of the tires, the bike was solid. And the trails? Did I talk about the trails? Fantasstic.

No comments: